What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are viruses that cause a wide variety of illness, from the common cold to severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Main Symptoms & How to Recognize It
Typically appearing 2 weeks after the initial infection, the main symptoms of coronavirus mimic those of a severe upper respiratory infection or flu, which makes identifying the virus very difficult.
Some of these symptoms include;
- Shortness of breath
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
*Note: More severe cases of coronavirus, can cause pneumonia, SARS, kidney failure and even death.
How to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. For an added measure of protection, use alcohol-based sanitizer after washing hands.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Consider using medical face mask
- Do not visit any known infected areas and avoid travel if possible
What to Do If You Think You Have the Virus
If you show any symptoms, especially if you have traveled to an infected area, please seek medical attention immediately and mention any recent travel to your physician. When traveling to public areas, such as stores, work or physician offices, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and consider wearing a medical mask.
For More Information
For more information on the coronavirus please visit the below helpful link:
World Health Organization